In addition to the skills acquired through ITI training, apprenticeship training is available through the Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS) to further enhance those skills. The scheme aims to make the most of the existing infrastructure in the industry where the apprenticeship training is provided, thereby fulfilling the need for skilled labor in the industry.
Major functions of the Training are:
- Develop policies, norms and standards for vocational training.
- Expand and modernize training facilities for craftsmen and instructors.
- Conduct specialized training and research in dedicated institutes.
- Regulate and increase the scope of apprenticeship training.
- Organize vocational training programs for women.
- Provide vocational guidance and employment counseling.
- Enhance the capabilities of scheduled castes/scheduled tribes and persons with disabilities for wage and self-employment.