RESEARCH TRAVEL GRANTS
ERA is accepting applications for the 2018 Travel Grants. The deadline for applications is October 1st, 2017. With a track record of over three decades of supporting innovative research and scholarship, the ERA Travel Grant is intended to assist registered PhD students from Indian universities in their brief overseas visits to universities, where they can acquire materials, access facilities, and receive guidance from specialists.
WHAT DOES THE AWARD OFFER?
The Travel Grant program is intended to support PhD students from Indian universities during their brief trips to universities, institutions, or libraries abroad, for up to three months. The grant will cover the cost of airfare, maintenance expenses at a modest rate, and funds for purchasing materials and books, as well as making copies of relevant literature.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Here is a possible way to rewrite the bullet points without using any copyrighted material:
- To be considered for the Travel Grant, the applicant must hold a confirmed PhD registration for a minimum of two years but not exceeding four years.
- The applicant should have attained a first-class degree at the Bachelor’s (Honours) or Master’s level, preferably both.
- The applicant must be below 35 years of age on December 31st of the year of application.
- The Travel Grant is only available to Indian citizens currently residing in India.
SUBJECTS FOR WHICH THE GRANT IS AVAILABLE
Humanities and Social Sciences
WHAT MUST THE APPLICANTS SUBMIT?
- Download the application form from the eraworld.org.in website and fill it out completely.
- Include a written work sample of 3000-5000 words on the candidate’s research subject, preferably a draft chapter of their PhD thesis with full documentation.
- Provide proof of communication with relevant persons or institutions abroad and a positive response received.
- Obtain a signed statement from the candidate’s supervisor affirming the candidate’s progress and need to travel abroad, as well as the inability to obtain funding from any other sources.
- Mail all application materials to the following address: ERA, Ahinsa Tower, Indore, MP, India.
- All materials collected by grant recipients, such as books, copies, and instruments, must become the property of their respective institutions for use by future scholars.
- All materials collected with grant funds must contain a statement acknowledging the support received from the Inlaks Research Travel Grants.
- Grant funds must be used within nine months of the date of the award.
- Grant recipients must provide receipts or other evidence for significant expenses, such as lodging, library fees, and book purchases.
- The selection process consists of two rounds:
- Short-listing based on the candidate’s written record.
- Personal interview with the short-listed candidates as the final round.